Gluten Free Chicken and Asparagus Lemon Stir Fry
A big thanks to Jessica Lee for sending me this fantastic recipe and her patience with me in posting it to the blog! It is so simple to make and extremely healthy for you.
- 1 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into one inch cubes)
- Kosher Salt (to taste)
- 1/2 cup of Gluten Free Chicken Broth
- 2 tablespoons of Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- 1 bunch of asparagus (cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- fresh black pepper (to taste.)
Lightly season the chicken with salt. In a small bowl, combine chicken broth and soy sauce. In a second small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water and mix well to combine. Heat a non- stick wok over medium high heat, when hot add 1 teaspoon of the oil and the asparagus and cook until tender(about 3 to 4 minutes.) Add the garlic and ginger and cook until golden (about 1 minute.)
Increase the heat to high, then add 1 teaspoon of oil and half of the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through (about 4 minutes each side.) Remove and set aside and repeat with the remaining oil and chicken. Set aside. Add the Gluten Free soy sauce mixture; bring to a boil and cook for about 1 1/2 minutes. Add lemon juice and cornstarch mixture and mix well. When it simmers, return the asparagus and chicken to the wok and mix well, remove from the heat and serve and enjoy!