Healthy Chicken Pot Pie Soup
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 1/2 pounds of uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast (diced)
Freshly ground salt and pepper
1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
1 white onion (chopped)
2 large carrots (sliced)
3 cups of potatoes (diced)
3 cups of cauliflower florets (finely chopped)
1 teaspoon of Thyme
2 cups of whole milk
3 cups of low sodium chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon of salt (plus more to taste)
1 cup of frozen peas
1. Place a pot over medium high heat and add in olive oil.
2. Once the oil is hot, add in diced chicken breast and generously season with salt and pepper.
3. Cook chicken for 4 to 6 minutes or until no longer pink.
4. Remove the chicken from the pot and transfer to a large bowl. Set aside for later.
5. In the same pot, add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, chopped onion, sliced carrots, diced potatoes, diced cauliflower and thyme.
6. Saute for a few minutes until the onion begins to soften.
7. Then add milk, chicken broth , salt and pepper.
8. Allow mixture to simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
9. Remove 3 cups of mixture and add to a blender.
10. Blend until completely smooth then transfer the puree back to the pot.
11. Stir in cooked chicken and frozen peas.
12. Allow the mixture to simmer for 10 minutes in order to thicken a bit.
13. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if necessary.