Loaded Baked Potato Casserole
- 5 pounds of yellow potatoes
- 4 tablespoons of butter (softened)
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 3/4 cup of half & half (or raw milk)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 slices of bacon (cooked well and crumbled)
- 4 green onions (sliced thin)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prick potatoes with a fork and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tender.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes in half and scoop the insides into a large bowl.
- Add softened butter and mash with a potato masher until most of the lumps are gone.
- Add in sour cream, half & half and salt and pepper.
- Reserve 1 cup of cheese, 3 tablespoons of crumbled bacon and 1/4 cup of green onions for the topping.
- Stir in remaining cheese, bacon and green onions.
- Spoon into baking dish and sprinkle with reserved 1 cup of cheese on the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes (at 375 degrees) or until the top is puffy and the edges are turning brown.
- Garnish with remaining bacon and green onions.