Concord Hospital and the folks that work there have been such an asset to Johnson Golden Harvest! Thank you for the amazing samples each week!
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of diced yellow onion
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 2 cups of diced eggplant (skin on)
- 1/2 tsp of Thyme leaves
- 2 cups of diced bell pepper
- 1 cup of diced zucchini
- 1 cup of diced yellow squash
- 1 1/2 cups of peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of thinly sliced basil leaves
- 1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley
Set a large 12 inch saute pan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, add the onions and garlic to the pan. Cook the onions, stirring occasionally, until they are wilted and carmelized, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the eggplant and thyme to the pan and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggplant is partially cooked, about 5 minutes. Add the green and red peppers, zucchini, and squash and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley and salt and pepper, to taste, and cook for 5 final minutes. Stir well to blend and serve either or or at room temperature. Yum!