- 3 cups of fiddlehead ferns
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the fiddleheads to the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. (This will clean the fiddleheads.)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Stir in fiddleheads, garlic and the salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir fiddleheads until they are slightly brown and tender.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with lemon juice.