Sautéed Native NH Apples
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 4 large Native NH apples 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of cold water
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Peel, core and slice the apples to 1/4 inch thickness.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and add the apples.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the apples are almost tender.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the cold water and add it to the skillet.
- Stir in the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and serve warm with vanilla ice cream or as a side with pork chops.