Stuffed Peppers with Beef and Rice
1 pound of Montshire Farms ground beef
4 medium NH green peppers
1/2 cup of NH yellow onion (minced)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
1/2 cup of cooked white rice
3 tablespoons of tomato paste
2 teaspoons of dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
1. Coat a 9 x 12 pan with avocado oil and set the pan aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
3. Remove the top of each pepper with a knife and save both ends.
4. Carefully remove the seeds and the white membrane from inside the NH green pepper.
5. Arrange the peppers in the pan so that they are 2 inches apart.
6. Place the tops on the empty green peppers and cover the pan with aluminum foil.
7. Bake the peppers for 15 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
9. While the peppers are cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat for 2 minute.
10. Add ground beef, onion and garlic and cook for 4 minutes, stirring constanly.
11. Stir in tomatoes, cooked rice, tomato paste, dried parsley, salt and pepper.
12. Cook for 4 more minutes until heated throughout.
13. Fill each pepper with the meat mixture and cover with the pepper tops.
14. Bake at 475 degrees or until the peppers are tender.